Can’t wait to have fun on your wedding day at the beach? Here’s a couple of tips and tricks that will help you get the most out of your day!
5) Be all that you can be! No matter what is happening, just remember, Today you ARE a Baller! YOU are a Shot Caller! You are all that is MAN! YOU ARE ALL THAT IS WOMAN!!! The first rule of having fun with your photographer is having confidence in yourself.
4) Go for those action shots! One of the best ways to have fun with your photographer is to simply move. What do I mean? Jump, pick her up, pick HIM up, dip her, dip HIM, spin, twirl, dance and just have a fantastic time while being in front of the camera.
3) Spice things up with some props! As simple and elegant as the beach can be, its greatest strength is also one of its greatest weaknesses. There are quite literally only about 4 things on the beach; dunes, sand, surf, and you. So if you want to have fun with your photographer, just adding anything else into that mix will allow your photographer to go nuts with something new. It’s even better if that something new matches your personality and shows your uniqueness! A couple of examples? Sure! Picture frames, oversized letters, cardboard cutouts of people who couldn’t be there, giant shells and starfish, your bouquet, Tables, benches, chairs, couches, fishing poles, cigars, your pets, even the beach ITSELF! Yep, it’s as easy as grabbing a stick and writing a fun message in that sand.
2) We got dressed up for this! One sure fire way of having fun with your photographer is to rock that attire! You all got dressed up to get married on the beach! Isn’t it fitting that we take full advantage of it? What do I mean? Well let’s think about what you’re wearing and what you COULD be wearing. How about “his” jacket? A simple switch from his shoulders to hers and SHWA-POW! Instant amazingness! How about wearing something fun under those dress shirts? It doesn’t take but a second and a couple of undone buttons to shed your secret identity and dawn your Captain America costume! Or ladies, what are you wearing under that dress? No, I’m not talking about THAT! I’m talking about those shoes! Got your favorite sketchers on? No one will know that you were rocking Kicks until you flash them at the camera. But it doesn’t just stop there! Top hats, canes, fancy swimsuits, they can all be used to add a little personality and fun to the time you spend with your photographer! And lastly, remember, that dress can stop traffic! So… why not do it…
1) The last and most important thing, is to remember to just relax and don’t worry about what you look like. Remember that your photographer has your back and wants to give you the best photos that they possibly can. It’s their job to weed out all the photos that don’t make you look amazing. So have fun in the sheer process of acting silly. Your photographer will take those hundred shots and give you the ones that make you look like the Rock Star you truly are! Making you look good was the reason you hired a professional in the first place. Remember, the more fun you have, the better the photos are going to turn out, so let the party begin!!!
One of the funnest things a wedding photographer can do on the OBX, is spend the day with a couple photographing their wedding and then come back the next day and capture them playing in the waves as they trash the dress! Thank you to Brittany and Benjamin for allowing me to spend two amazing days with you!
We loved photographing Ellen and Eric on the beautiful beaches of the OBX! We hope you enjoy the photos as much as we enjoyed photographing them!
Jason and Greg
Every wedding has a budget, and you’re always looking for ways to cut costs, especially with a destination wedding. You might be thinking one cheaper option is to have a family member, friend, or someone else from home take your pictures. However, there are several reasons you should consider hiring an Outer Banks local to photograph your wedding: