Thanks to all who joined us at the Outer Banks Wedding Expo! It was great seeing so many brides, grooms, and families making plans for their Outer Banks weddings. There’s nothing quite like meeting people face-to-face. You get to know us; we get to know you. And hopefully, you’re able to see our personalities a little bit.
You may have seen Jason’s dapper son, James, running around the expo. Yep, he’s incredibly cute, and we’re not above shameless self-promotion. So, if you book with us, know that your money goes to a good cause, diapers! :-]
We hope you enjoyed meeting us as much as we enjoyed meeting you! Thanks to all those who followed up with us after the expo and booked with us! We’re excited about the approaching wedding season!
We had an AMAZING time with Jessie and Shawn this weekend in Richmond VA!
That's right ladies and gents, we travel and no matter where we go, we always bring that fun-loving, easy-going, "it's 5:oopm somewhere", OBX attitude with us. Shawn and the KnD crew go all the way back to the 2nd grade. So when they said they were finally going to take the plunge, we were the first people they called. Best of all, we were available and so we packed the baby up, escaped the OBX heat, and headed to the middle of Virginia for a weekend to remember! Hope you all enjoy and we hope you think of us when looking for the people you want to capture your wedding day for the rest of time.
Jason, Amy, and Baby-James Denson
Can’t wait to have fun on your wedding day at the beach? Here’s a couple of tips and tricks that will help you get the most out of your day!
5) Be all that you can be! No matter what is happening, just remember, Today you ARE a Baller! YOU are a Shot Caller! You are all that is MAN! YOU ARE ALL THAT IS WOMAN!!! The first rule of having fun with your photographer is having confidence in yourself.
4) Go for those action shots! One of the best ways to have fun with your photographer is to simply move. What do I mean? Jump, pick her up, pick HIM up, dip her, dip HIM, spin, twirl, dance and just have a fantastic time while being in front of the camera.
3) Spice things up with some props! As simple and elegant as the beach can be, its greatest strength is also one of its greatest weaknesses. There are quite literally only about 4 things on the beach; dunes, sand, surf, and you. So if you want to have fun with your photographer, just adding anything else into that mix will allow your photographer to go nuts with something new. It’s even better if that something new matches your personality and shows your uniqueness! A couple of examples? Sure! Picture frames, oversized letters, cardboard cutouts of people who couldn’t be there, giant shells and starfish, your bouquet, Tables, benches, chairs, couches, fishing poles, cigars, your pets, even the beach ITSELF! Yep, it’s as easy as grabbing a stick and writing a fun message in that sand.
2) We got dressed up for this! One sure fire way of having fun with your photographer is to rock that attire! You all got dressed up to get married on the beach! Isn’t it fitting that we take full advantage of it? What do I mean? Well let’s think about what you’re wearing and what you COULD be wearing. How about “his” jacket? A simple switch from his shoulders to hers and SHWA-POW! Instant amazingness! How about wearing something fun under those dress shirts? It doesn’t take but a second and a couple of undone buttons to shed your secret identity and dawn your Captain America costume! Or ladies, what are you wearing under that dress? No, I’m not talking about THAT! I’m talking about those shoes! Got your favorite sketchers on? No one will know that you were rocking Kicks until you flash them at the camera. But it doesn’t just stop there! Top hats, canes, fancy swimsuits, they can all be used to add a little personality and fun to the time you spend with your photographer! And lastly, remember, that dress can stop traffic! So… why not do it…
1) The last and most important thing, is to remember to just relax and don’t worry about what you look like. Remember that your photographer has your back and wants to give you the best photos that they possibly can. It’s their job to weed out all the photos that don’t make you look amazing. So have fun in the sheer process of acting silly. Your photographer will take those hundred shots and give you the ones that make you look like the Rock Star you truly are! Making you look good was the reason you hired a professional in the first place. Remember, the more fun you have, the better the photos are going to turn out, so let the party begin!!!
One of the funnest things a wedding photographer can do on the OBX, is spend the day with a couple photographing their wedding and then come back the next day and capture them playing in the waves as they trash the dress! Thank you to Brittany and Benjamin for allowing me to spend two amazing days with you!